The CS-40-SG2 Revolutionizes How Utility Companies Control Electric Vehicle Charging
AUBURN, California, May 20th, 2014 – ClipperCreek, Inc., announced today the launch of their ETL listed utility smart grid connected charging station, the CS-40-SG2. The CS-40-SG2 is a game changer in the charging station sub-metering industry. This first of a kind charging station includes an embedded revenue grade sub-meter and a variety of smart grid communications options. Built on the trusted ClipperCreek CS-Series charging platform and Itron’s proven utility meter and powerful communications technology, this solution will extend a utility’s energy management intelligence directly to the charging station through multiple wireless communication interfaces.
The CS-40-SG2 charging station is a result of the joint efforts of ClipperCreek and Itron, each having brought together top notch expertise to design the final product. Combining Itron’s advanced metrology and flexible smart grid communications with ClipperCreek’s tough and trusted charging stations has resulted in a product utility customers can count on. Utilities will now have full visibility and control of electric vehicle charging directly through their smart grid. These units are being deployed in various pilot projects starting this month.
“As electric vehicle charging increases power use across the country, utilities will need a solution that allows them to monitor and control the timing without inconveniencing the customer,” states Jason France, ClipperCreek’s President, “The CS-40-SG2 enables critical functions needed to directly regulate electric vehicle charging cost effectively.”
Key Features of the Itron enabled CS-40-SG2:
1. ZigBee Smart Energy Protocol 1.1 Demand Response/Load Control capabilities.
2. Itron revenue-grade embedded sub-meter for precise power measurement.
3. Meter data recording, including interval data, registers, and tampers.
4. Wi-Fi local access communications provides charging status, metering data, and Utility DR program information to nearby browser-enabled mobile devices.
5. Wi-Fi or Cellular as WAN communications for backhauling charging station and metering data including ESPI Green Button data.
For more information about this product please contact:
- Visit our Google+ page to review us, read reviews from our customers, see additional photos and read Electric Vehicle industry news.
- Like ClipperCreek on Facebook to view the latest in industry information, learn about new ClipperCreek products, and join in the discussion with other ClipperCreek product owners.
- Follow @ClipperCreek on Twitter
Buy our products or locate detailed information about our products, including product brochures, installation manuals and pricing at www.ClipperCreek.com. Our customer service team is available to assist you with any questions you may have Monday – Friday from 8am – 5pm PT. You can reach them at (877) 694-4194
About ClipperCreek Products: ClipperCreek products are Made in America, compatible with every plug-in vehicle, and automotive supply chain certified. As a leading supplier of electric vehicle charging infrastructure for 20 years, millions of electric vehicle charge sessions have relied on ClipperCreek. Unparalleled quality, reliability, and superior customer service are core values at ClipperCreek. Visit the ClipperCreek Online Store where we offer the widest variety of charging stations in the market. ClipperCreek products are manufactured in Auburn, CA, USA.