COSMOS®: Simple interface for integration to building energy management, third party monitor and control systems.
Designed for developers, system operators, and system integrators, COSMOS® features a simple digital load management interface as well as UART Serial Communication interface for more advanced connection to third party monitoring and control systems with ClipperCreek’s 3.3V-5V CMOS-compatible UART proprietary protocol.
Available UART Serial Commands include:
- Set EVSE Pilot (available power) level – 5 levels
- Monitor vehicle connected status
- Monitor EVSE active/inactive status
- View advanced EVSE diagnostics information
- Defaults to hardwired digital load management if serial communication lost
Digital Load Management Interface features:
- Four levels of output power control
- Optically-coupled Open Collector output – pulled low when EVSE makes power available for charging
Features of the COSMOS® HCS charging stations include:
- Digital load management interface for easy integration to building management systems
- Easy integration with third party monitoring and control systems
- UART serial communication interface
- Control charging power, view station status, monitor vehicle connected status
- ChargeGuard® key-based access control option available
- Ruggedized option available
- Integrated cable wrap making storing the cable simple and convenient
- Next generation SAE-J1772 connector with optional padlock feature
- 25 foot charging cable to reach multiple parking spaces
- NEMA 4 rated enclosure for installation anywhere
- Three year warranty
- ClipperCreek customers are supported by an exceptional customer service team
- Made in America
- COSMOS® can be added to HCS-40, HCS-40P, HCS-40R, HCS-40PR, or HCS-60 charging stations for just $184
“Many companies desire integration of EV charging with existing building energy management systems. COSMOS® is a comprehensive interface that can be utilized by a variety of systems, but is extremely affordable.” – Jason France, ClipperCreek
“Charging power levels can be controlled, station status can be viewed, and vehicle connected status can be easily monitored.” – Will Barrett, ClipperCreek
COSMOS® is compatible with these ClipperCreek® products:
The HCS-40, HCS-40P, HCS-40R, HCS-40PR, and HCS-60 are fully compatible with COSMOS®
240V, 32 or 48 Amps, Level 2
Reliable. Powerful. Made in America.
“Ruggedized” HCS-40R & HCS-40PR Charging Stations
Fully compatible with COSMOS®
Available with multiple plug options or hardwired
Impact and crush resistant SAE-J1772 connector
Type 4X watertight and corrosion resistant rubber overmolded EV connector
Simple key-based access control
Fully compatible with COSMOS®
More reliable than complicated communications based access control
No assembly required
Q: What are the output power control options through the serial interface?
A: The COSMOS UART serial communications interface provides the ability to set the stations available power to 5 different levels, 100%, 75%, 50%, 25%, or 0% (off). This functionality allows intelligent control systems to fluctuate the power available for charging based on a variety of factors that may be provided to that system.
Q: How do I get access to the ClipperCreek proprietary serial communication protocol?
A: Contact ClipperCreek. We will get an NDA in place and then we can share the proprietary protocol document.
Q: What are the output power control options through the digital load management interface?
A: The COSMOS digital load management interface provides the ability to set the stations available power to 4 different levels, 100%, 50%, 25%, or 0% (off). This functionality allows intelligent control systems to fluctuate the power available for charging based on a variety of factors that may be provided to that system.
11850 KEMPER ROAD AUBURN, CA 95603
SIGNUP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Stay in the know on the latest EVSE news and product offers!