ClipperCreek, Inc. Announces Release of EVSE Tester
CP-50 Compact EVSE Tester from ClipperCreek is the perfect tool to test and troubleshoot an EVSE without a vehicle present.
ClipperCreek, Inc. recently released the CP-50, a tool for the installation and maintenance of Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment (EVSE). The CP-50 is a compact and reliable hand-held testing tool designed for installers, technicians and facilities maintenance personnel. It is offered at just $250.
The CP-50 can function as a stand-alone device or in combination with a DVM (Digital Volt Meter) and/or oscilloscope to verify operations and perform advanced troubleshooting on an EVSE or vehicle charging issue. The CP-50 is designed for use with ClipperCreek EVSE, and should be compatible with all other makes and models of Level 1 and Level 2 EVSE on the market.
“As the plug-in vehicle and charging infrastructure markets continue to grow, our customers have been seeking a simple and convenient way to verify operation and troubleshoot charging infrastructure. We are pleased to introduce the CP-50 at a great value to meet this market need,” said Jason France, President and Founder of ClipperCreek.
The CP-50 can be added to enhance efficiency of a facilities charging infrastructure preventative maintenance and testing routine. Designed for compatibility with all Level 1 and Level 2 SAE-J1772 EVSE the CP-50 functions as a quick and simple diagnostic tool to troubleshoot vehicle charging issues.
CP-50’s primary functions include:
- Verifying EVSE operations without a vehicle
- Simulating vehicle connected and charge requested
- Simulating CCID charging fault to ensure EVSE safety circuitry is functioning properly
Pair the CP-50 with a Digital Volt Meter to:
- Measure incoming service voltage, each line to ground and line to line
- Verify SAE-J1772™ connector proximity switch resistance is within specification range
- Conduct advanced cable/connector troubleshooting
Pair the CP-50 with an Oscilloscope for:
- Easy access test points to view SAE J1772™ pilot signal at various states (i.e. vehicle connected, charge requested)
ClipperCreek’s Customer Support Supervisor, Charles Douglass, said, “The CP-50 is a great addition to the ClipperCreek product line. It delivers a variety of test capabilities in a compact, easy-to-carry, form factor. The CP-50 is already being utilized in a variety of applications including installation verification, vehicle compatibility diagnostics, and preventative maintenance testing. We use it regularly in the lab to reproduce charging issues and it is a valuable tool for any person responsible for installation or ongoing maintenance of EV charging infrastructure.”
For more information please visit https://store.clippercreek.com/evse-tester or call ClipperCreek at (877) 694-4194.
- Follow ClipperCreek on Facebook
- Follow ClipperCreek on Google+
- Follow ClipperCreek on Twitter
- Follow ClipperCreek on LinkedIn
- Follow ClipperCreek on Instagram