Electronics R&D Engineer 1 for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations (Auburn, CA)
Excited about Electric Vehicles and Green Energy? Join a successful, fast-growing equipment manufacturer in the exciting field of electric vehicles located in the beautiful Sierra Nevada foothills! Be a part of building the future of transportation. Many of our employees own an electric vehicle and charge at work for free.
This key engineering position is in the company’s innovation team for cutting-edge electrical products, including all stages of the product development life cycle: design, implementation, certification testing, manufacturing, and continued support. ClipperCreek is a top player in the charging station market as well as an OEM supplier to several automakers and this engineering position is right on the cutting edge of industry leading product development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Analog design experience op-amp, discrete components, and signal processing
2. Design digital circuits, processors, logic, discrete components including transistors
3. Design sensor circuitry such as hall-effects, current coils, shunts
4. Design AC line voltage circuitry, contactors, relays, switching power supplies
5. Define and document test of embedded systems – microcontrollers, communications
6. Author documents including procedures, drawings, and BOM management
7. Work independently and handle multiple challenging projects
8. Interact in a professional manner with customers
9. Author product specifications and other engineering documentation
10. Prepare schematics, PCB layout, spreadsheets, presentations, specifications
11. Maintains a positive and proactive attitude at all times.
12. Familiarity with MS office
13. Performs all other relevant duties and assignments as directed by the Director of Engineering.
1. Engineering Technical Capacity
3. Problem Solving/Analysis
4. Communication Proficiency
5. Ethical Conduct
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
ClipperCreek® offers many employee benefits inclusive of medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, an employee assistance program (EAP) and free work place car charging. Salaries are competitive and based on experience, responsibility, and performance.