Production Coordinator (Auburn, CA)
The Production Coordinator oversees production planning for ClipperCreek manufacturing. The Production Coordinator uses forward and backward looking forecasts to evaluate finished and unfinished goods stock levels and plan manufacturing builds accordingly. The Production Coordinator will maintain regular communication with the sales team to ensure all customer orders are met within the standard lead time or better. The Production Coordinator will prioritize builds and schedules to optimize finished goods stocking levels and to respond to customer needs. The Production Coordinator works with the Production Supervisor(s) to execute the production plan on a day to day basis. This plan will be determined by stock quantity vs demand analysis, prioritization of incoming orders from the sales department, and direction from the Director of Manufacturing. The Production Coordinator will work with the Production Supervisor to ensure all line personnel have proper training, equipment and material to perform their individual tasks. The Production Coordinator will evaluate all production BOMs and work orders are up to date and accurate. The Production Coordinator will work with material handlers and shipping clerks to ensure that all outgoing orders are accurate and ship on time. The production coordinator will further direct material handlers to ensure that the production line materials are adequately stocked. The Production Coordinator will be responsible for disciplining individuals under their direction for failure to meet work requirements, unsafe behavior, poor quality of work, tardiness, absenteeism, etc. in accordance with company guidelines. This position requires delivering error-proof work with a positive and professional attitude at all times while remaining personable, punctual, organized and demonstrating a strong attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Creates and executes a daily production plan. This plan will be based on available stock of finished goods inventory, available unfinished goods, historical demand, customer orders, and input from the Production Manager Prioritizes work orders on each production line to optimize efficiency, minimize lead time, reduce waste and ensure sufficient finished good stock is readily available to meet anticipated customer demand in a timely manner
- Works with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure that needed material will arrive when it is needed.
- Works with the Sales Department to make sure special orders are built and ready to ship within the time frame agreed upon with the customer (lead time).
- Works with the Production Supervisor to ensure that all production line personnel are properly and adequately trained for all required manufacturing tasks.
- Works with the Production Supervisor to ensure that all production line personnel have the necessary tools, test equipment and proper safety equipment required for their respective assembly stations.
- Notifies material handlers of stock requirements to supply the production lines with all necessary components from the warehouse.7
- Alerts the Supply Chain Manager when tools require replacement, when packaging material requires reordering, or when unfinished goods material is running low. Quarantines and tracks defective material and prepares defective material for return to the product vendor.
- Follows monitors and enforces property safety procedures for all material handlers. This is inclusive of proper equipment operation, general safety, proper lifting, material handling and ergonomic procedures and overall general safety as related to the production floor and OSHA/CalOSHA standards and the company IIPP.
- Maintains a positive and proactive attitude at all times.
- Performs all other relevant duties and assignments as directed by the Director of Manufacturing.
- Leadership/Management Skills
- Performance Management
- Time Management
- Learning Orientation
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Communicative Proficiency
- Technical Capacity
- OSHA/CalOSHA Knowledge
This position trains employees in the Production Department inclusive of Electromechanical Assemblers, Product and QA Technicians, and product packagers, material handlers and shipping clerks under the direction and guidance of the Director of Manufacturing.
Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in the presence of circuit boards and wiring with hazardous one, two, or three-phase AC line voltage (110-120VAC and 200-240VAC) present. The employee will follow all training instructions and safety precautions to avoid dangerously severe electric shock.
- Electrostatic discharge (ESD) will damage sensitive electronic components. This job will require the use of static control precautions when handling printed circuit boards and components.
- The employee may on occasion use hand tools and power tools which, if handled improperly, may cause bodily injury.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts on the factory floor and may need to work in an environment where the noise level could be moderate to very loud.Proper eye and ear protection will be provided by the employer and must be worn when necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require long hours and weekend work.
Minimal and infrequent, <5%
Required Education and Experience
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- 4+ years of related experience in a manufacturing and/or assembly environment.
- 2+ years supervisory/management experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to direct and supervise employees and to delegate tasks as necessary.
- Ability to work with manual and power tools.
- Ability to train production line personnel on proper assembly procedures & techniques and proper use of hand &power tools and equipment.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction.
- Ability to effectively manage and supervise production department inclusive of electromechanical assemblers, test technicians, and product packagers.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform repeatable tasks with consistency and reliability.
- Sufficient visual acuity to inspect assembled components and products.
- Willingness to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to handle and prioritize a wide variety of projects and tasks.
- Ability to sit for extended amount of time and work with test equipment.
- Physical strength sufficient to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Self-starter with the ability to work on and finish projects independently.
- Positive attitude and a team player.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time (at times the majority of the day), walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- The employee must have the physical ability to do work requiring frequent bending and stooping.
- The employee must have sufficient physical strength necessary to regularly lift and carry 50 lbs.
- The employee must have sufficient physical strength and manual dexterity to use manual tools (at times with both hands simultaneously) to assemble components and final assemblies.
ClipperCreek® offers many employee benefits inclusive of medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, an employee assistance program (EAP) and free work place car charging. Salaries are competitive and based on experience, responsibility, and performance.