Production Supervisor (Auburn, CA)
Excited about Electric Vehicles and Green Energy? Join a successful, fast-growing equipment manufacturer in the exciting field of electric vehicles located in the beautiful Sierra Nevada foothills! Be a part of building the future of transportation. Many of our employees own an electric vehicle and charge at work for free.
The Production Supervisor oversees the production floor, which may consist of one or more production lines and the personnel assigned to manufacturing operations. The Production Supervisor executes the production plan on a day to day basis. This plan will be determined by stock quantity vs demand analysis, prioritization of incoming orders from the Sales Department, and direction from the Production Manager. The Production supervisor will ensure that the production line(s) under their purview are adequately staffed, and will adjust staffing levels as necessary. The Production Supervisor will ensure all line personnel have proper training, equipment and material to perform their individual tasks. The Production Supervisor will ensure that each day’s production quotas are met, for the line as a whole and for each individual working the line. The Production Supervisor will discipline individuals under their direction for failure to meet work requirements, unsafe behavior, poor quality work, tardiness, absenteeism, etc. This position requires delivering error-proof work with a positive and professional attitude at all times while remaining personable, punctual, organized and demonstrating a strong attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Creates and executes a daily production plan. This plan will be based on available stock of finished goods inventory, available unfinished goods, historical demand, customer orders, and input from the Production Manager Prioritizes work orders on each production line to optimize efficiency, minimize lead time, reduce waste and ensure sufficient finished good stock is readily available to meet anticipated customer demand in a timely manner.
2. Works with the Sales Department to make sure special orders are built and ready to ship within the time frame agreed upon with the customer (lead time).
3. Will be responsible for maintaining necessary staffing levels. This includes interviewing and hiring of candidates for each position, and reassigning or discharging (if necessary) underutilized personnel.
4. Will be responsible for ensuring production quotas and expectations are met. Each line and individual is expected to meet a minimum daily production goal, which may vary given the complexity of the product build.
5. Ensures that all production line personnel are properly and adequately trained for all required manufacturing tasks.
6. Ensures that all production line personnel have the necessary tools, test equipment and proper safety equipment required for their respective assembly stations.
7. Monitors punctuality and attendance of all individuals who report to the Production Supervisor. Reviews time-cards for accuracy and takes disciplinary measures for poor attendance as necessary.
8. Notifies material handlers of stock requirements to supply the production line with all necessary components from the warehouse.
9. Alerts the Supply Chain Manager when tools require replacement, when packaging material requires reordering,or when unfinished goods material is running low.
10. Quarantines and tracks defective material and prepares defective material for return to the product vendor.
11. Follows monitors and enforces property safety procedures. This is inclusive of proper equipment operation, general safety, proper lifting, material handling and ergonomic procedures and overall general safety as related to the production floor and OSHA/CalOSHA standards and the company IIPP.
12. Responsible for department / direct report safety inclusive of scheduling & documenting new hire safety orientation and sexual harassment training , on the floor equipment training and oversight, monthly safety meetings & documentation, incident investigations & documentation , hazards communications, periodic line equipment safety inspections and other department safety related items on an as needed basis.
13. Maintains a positive and proactive attitude at all times.
14. Performs all other relevant duties and assignments as directed by the Production Manager or Director of Manufacturing.
Technical Skills Required
1. A basic understanding of quality standards, test parameters, and bill of material lists.
2. Functional knowledge ESD procedures.
1. Leadership/Management Skills
2. Performance Management
3. Time Management
4. Learning Orientation
5. Problem Solving/Analysis
7. Communicative Proficiency
8. Technical Capacity
9. OSHA/CalOSHA Knowledge
This position supervises and gives direction to employees in the Production Department inclusive of Electromechanical Assemblers, Product and QA Technicians, and product packagers under the direction and guidance of the Production Manager and Director of Manufacturing.
Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
This job operates in a professional office and production floor environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand for long periods of time (at times the majority of the day), walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
2. The employee must have the physical ability to do work requiring frequent bending and stooping.
3. The employee must have sufficient physical strength necessary to regularly lift and carry 50lbs.
4. The employee must have sufficient physical strength and manual dexterity to use manual tools (at times with both hands simultaneously) to assemble components and final assemblies.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in the presence of circuit boards and wiring with hazardous one, two, or three-phase AC line voltage (110-120VAC and 200-240VAC) present. The employee will follow all training instructions and safety precautions to avoid dangerously severe electric shock.
2. Electrostatic discharge (ESD) will damage sensitive electronic components. This job will require the use of static control precautions when handling printed circuit boards and components.
3.The employee may on occasion use hand tools and power tools which, if handled improperly, may cause bodily injury.
4. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts on the factory floor and may need to work in an environment where the noise level could be moderate to very loud. Proper eye and ear protection will be provided by the employer and must be worn when necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require long hours and weekend work.
Minimal and infrequent, <5%
Required Education and Experience
1. HS diploma or equivalent.
2. 4+ years of related experience in a manufacturing and/or assembly environment.
3. 2+ years supervisory/management experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
1. Ability to direct and supervise employees and to delegate tasks as necessary.
2. Ability to work with manual and power tools.
3. Ability to train production line personnel on proper assembly procedures & techniques and proper use of hand &power tools and equipment.
4. Ability to follow verbal and written instruction
5. Ability to effectively manage and supervise production department inclusive of electro-mechanical assemblers, test technicians, and product packagers
6. Attention to detail and ability to perform repeatable tasks with consistency and reliability.
7. Sufficient visual acuity to inspect assembled components and products.
8. Willingness to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
9. Ability to handle and prioritize a wide variety of projects and tasks
10. Ability to sit for extended amount of time and work with test equipment
11. Physical strength sufficient to lift and carry 50lbs
12. Self-starter with the ability to work on and finish projects independently
13. Positive attitude and a team player
ClipperCreek® offers many employee benefits inclusive of medical, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, an employee assistance program (EAP) and free work place car charging. Salaries are competitive and based on experience, responsibility, and performance.
11850 KEMPER ROAD AUBURN, CA 95603
SIGNUP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Stay in the know on the latest EVSE news and product offers!